Behind the Canvas
- Karen’s First Virtual Art Show! May 11, 2020
- Tree Climber May 19, 2019
- Painting in Progress – Birdsong Farm January 7, 2017
- Little Delaware Birdhouse January 2, 2017
- Fall in the Catskills – a little info on how the colors work October 14, 2016
- My Pet Deer October 4, 2016
- Cairns September 25, 2016
- Cherry Tomatoes September 5, 2016
- Breakfast club in the Catskills June 19, 2016
- Those Dam Boys – painting in progress January 4, 2016
Category Archives: Behind the Canvas
Hi, everyone. I was scheduled to show a collection of my landscape paintings during the month of June 2020 at the Mount Utsayantha Regional Arts League’s lovely little gallery on Main Street in Hobart, New York. The world had other … Continue reading
I have had this image waiting to be painted for a long time. I was attracted to it because of the colors ranging from turquoise to yellow. Really felt like I could improve on it so am working on another … Continue reading
I started this painting by doing a few quick studies of the boys and the Joe Pye Weed. Then I worked around the painting, stepping back to check values to insure the range from the lightest to darkest values was … Continue reading
This is the winter photo from my Almost Home painting.. I think I have to paint this too! Continue reading
How to Make 14 Wooden Crates Furniture Design Ideas – Craftspiration – Handimania.
Possibly my next painting. Will have to wait to see if the deer make it.
Howland House: Hidden Nook, Walton, NY This is my latest commission. 60+ hours. I thought a winter scene would be quicker. Wrong!
The perfect afternoon. Finished a painting 50+ hours in the making and then got to do something with no expectations. So,, I cut some apple bloomsoms from a narley old tree, turned on a Walton’s Mountain marathon, poured a glass … Continue reading
A great new store in Delhi. Actually, Delhi has been fortunate to have Stewart’s Dept store for many years. The new owners have kept the beautiful display cases and character of the store. They opened the space up and added … Continue reading